Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WIP Wednesday Araby Sorcerer

Since my desk is now functional (for the most part). I thought I would share a project I am working on.
A long time ago I started to put some models together to represent an Araby faction, but life got busy and before I knew it the old world blew up.
I have recently found an old sketch book that had some concepts in them and then I actually found some old models I was working on! So I decided that it would be fun to remake & revisit some of these concepts and models as well as new ones.
First up,  Araby Sorcerer:
336529436_OldSorcererConcept.jpeg.23e96b80f37e840f0df235f2aadfc7d1.jpeg
The unfinished mini:
1650325396_OldSorcererConversion.jpeg.a6f02263a1711e2939c5e635dbfaa7ba.jpeg
The concept is pretty on the nose. A lot of flanderization going on but nothing screams Araby Sorcerer more than a Jafar type character right? I think this guy was just a wizard with dispel scroll.
Now that AoS has made a lot of things more fantastical (& they should be) I think this guy could go another step. Not sure what he could count as (have I mentioned I just model and have a tenuous grasp of playing the game?) but I will worry about that later. Though if anyone has some input on that, feel free to chime in.
As soon as I saw the Soul Scryer I had longed for his release. I knew exactly what I would use him for, badass Araby Sorcerer remake!
Idoneth-Deepkin-Ishrann-Soul-Scryer.jpg.dcfe825b1e5ad4f3f3156efa8bf8f0ae.jpg
Normally I would sketch some concepts out but since I have my old one I think I know where I am going with this one. But I think a fun melding of Ind & Araby could be cool! The pose, cloak & pointy armor, staff all works for my vision. I am thinking of having him directing his bird familiar like the fish. Cut away the front part of the robe to create more depth and layers on the model so he can have a holstered dagger, scroll or do-dad wrapped with a sash. Still need to cut away the high head guard. For fun I got the same snake staff top, in homage to the old model and of course the inspirational character Jafar. Currently I am not sold on the pose for the staff with the weird bowl thing in hand.. maybe I can change it some sort of smokey 'lamp' deal (if so would probably be better if he was directing some sort of spooky ghost djinn/ spirit from it instead of his bird pet!), or I could make him holding the staff/ clutching it with his hand. I am also not settled on what head to use as a base for him either. The Soul Scryer head is nice, but his one good eye is huge like a fish's, probably best to save for when I need a head with a monocle.. I welcome all suggestions!
1817463919_NewSorcererBits.jpeg.56bb81758b1f161378a77dbb27e752be.jpeg
Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment