Sunday, May 20, 2018

Ready for a desk

It has been awhile since I have last posted. So long in fact that the studio has been painted for awhile now! Here it is in all it's glory..


Why a grey room?
There are a ton of articles out there on it, but to sum it up: most painting studios are an 18% Flat Grey, or a grey green (mainly for portraiture life painting). The 18% grey is also used to balance photography levels prior to shooting. In this case the flat grey walls will help reduce light and color reflection. Ideally I would like a grey work surface for mini painting, but with cutting mats etc the surface is irrelevant. My walls are not 18% grey, as it would be much darker. Since the room is so little I didn't want to make it look any smaller with such dark walls, and this is close enough.

If anyone is wondering (note it is darker, light is right above this):
Hopefully I will be able to get my desk set up or at least figured out this week. I am leaning more and more towards a solid core door slab..

No comments:

Post a Comment